Mother Road Gravel
May 8, 2021
Volunteer - Help us Build with Bristow
Our cycling event will bring in hundreds of participants during the weekend of May 8th, providing an economic bump to the Bristow economy. Over the coming years, we expect Mother Road Gravel to bring in thousands of participants! But we need your help to make this year’s event a success.
Your help is invaluable to creating a successful Bristow event in 2021 and further the vision of creating a much larger event in the coming years!
When Do I Help?
Saturday May 8th, 2021
4-hour time slots
6 a.m. through 8 p.m.
Where Do I Help?
We need help in Bristow and the surrounding Creek County roads around Kellyville, Slick, and as far South as Nuyaka.
What Will I Be Doing?
We need the most help with our Road Crossings, where you'll be keeping cyclists and vehicles safe at intersections. In this capacity you will be making sure cyclists can safely cross intersections where there may be vehicular traffic.
- Road Crossing Marshal: ensures the safety of cyclists at intersections.
- Parking Marshal: directs participants to park in the correct area.
- Event Safety: Novice/Junior (children) route safety.
- Venue Setup/Teardown: General handyman help as-needed.
- Route Setup/Teardown: Placing signs along the route.
- Broom Wagon: Driving your truck along the route picking up cyclists if they need help and bringing them back to Bristow.
Will I Get Anything for Volunteering?
Yes! We have some nice swag and an end of day BBQ for you to enjoy.
- Stainless Steel Flask
- Stainless Steel Pint Glass
- BBQ, Beer, Whiskey, & Tequila at the Finish Venue in City Park.
- And the City of Bristow is putting on a free concert at the City Park Ampitheater followed by fireworks!
All that and the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to build a better future for Bristow and the local economy in the years to come!